Make suggestions through the catalog!
- Stay within the catalog to make a suggestion.
- Use the Suggest a Title for Purchase link when a search has no results.
- See when your suggestion has been reviewed.
Already know how to use HCPLC Connect to suggest a title?Make a Suggestion Now
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make suggestions using the catalog?
- Log into your HCPLC Connect account.
- If this is your first time signing in you’ll need to set up your library card account and create a username.
- Go to the My Settings page, and click Suggested Purchases under Account Preferences.
- Click the Add Suggestion button and complete the form.
We are not able to place holds on your account if a suggestion is approved. Please refer back to HCPLC Connect frequently to place holds on new and existing titles.
Purchase suggestions are limited to one (1) title per submission and ten (10) titles per month, per cardholder. Purchase suggestions are not a commitment for purchase by the library, but consideration will be given to every request.
How do I know when my suggestion was reviewed?
- When a suggestion has been reviewed, you will see a notification on the bell icon in the My HCPLC menu when you login.
- Click the gear icon or My Settings in the Log In / My HCPLC Menu at the top left to check your suggestions at any time.
Can I remove a suggestion?
- If the suggestion has not yet been reviewed, you can cancel your suggestion. Cancelling the suggestion will give you that slot back for the month.
Can I make suggestions for eBooks and downloadable audiobooks using HCPLC Connect?
No, but you can share your interest in a specific eBook or downloadable audiobook by using Notify Me tags in the Libby app.