HCPLC uses WorldShare to manage Interlibrary Loan Requests for materials in other library systems. Sign in with your library card number and PIN.
Placing Interlibrary Loan Requests directly from WorldCat.org is currently unavailable. Please follow the steps below to make a request.
To Request an Interlibrary Loan
First, search the HCPLC library catalog.
If you do not find the title you need in an HCPLC library location:
- Sign into WorldShare with your library card number and PIN.
- Select the Create Request button.
- Select "Article" or "Book", depending on the type of material you wish to request.
- Complete as much information as possible in the request form and submit. You may wish to first find the item in WorldCat.org and copy the information from there.
If the title is in print, you may wish instead to suggest this title for purchase.
About Interlibrary Loans
HCPLC's Interlibrary Loan services are available only to Hillsborough County residents with valid library cards. If you do not live in Hillsborough County, please check with your local library about their Interlibrary Loan services.
Materials not available for Interlibrary Loan borrowing include:
- Materials that are on order or that were published within the last 12 months
- Mass market paperbacks
- Audio-visual media
- Publications issued more than 50 years previous
- Library digital collections
- Duplicates of HCPLC Reference materials
For more information, please see the Interlibrary Loan Policy.